Flying on the Promises


As you read this, I'll be making my way - by plane, yes! - to Australia. I am not an intrepid traveller. I like my feet firmly on terra firma - preferably in my very own backyard. To me, there really is no place like home.

But I'm leaving. Flying. If there was another way ... but there isn't.

As I've been anticipating (dreading?) this journey I've been searching for ways to make the trip easier. I don't think there is anything that can make me enjoy the flight but I will endure it. I will survive! I have my books (of one of my favourite authors - Maryann Minatra), I have my son's MP3 player with an audio book and music (hopefully music that I like) and I have God's promises.

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;
So shall I be saved from my enemies.

For who is God, except the LORD?
And who is a rock, except our God?
It is God who arms me with strength,
And makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
And sets me on my high places.
He teaches my hands to make war,
So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;
Your right hand has held me up,
Your gentleness has made me great.
You enlarged my path under me,
So my feet did not slip.

The LORD lives!
Blessed be my Rock!
Let the God of my salvation be exalted.

I will lift up my eyes to the hills —
From whence comes my help?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
Shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve you from all evil;
He shall preserve your soul.
The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in
From this time forth, and even forevermore.

(Taken from Psalms 18 & 121, NKJV.)

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
I hope you have a great trip and a good visit with your family. I have never been on a plane, probably never will be either.