Writers are a Crazy Bunch

I read on another blog today that you have to be crazy to be a writer. Why? Because if you weren't crazy before you started writing you will be after you've had to wait.

And wait.

And wait.

It seems that editors (bless their hearts) are notoriously slow at getting back to writers. Of course, they have many writers to consider and we only have ourselves, but the waiting can be torture.

I know. I've been waiting five months for a response to my second MS. I'm almost afraid - despite all the wonderful feedback I've had from readers (now they are not in the same group as editors!) - that the publishers won't accept the sequel to To A Distant Land. And then what will I do?

Meanwhile I'll try to keep writing and not think about all the dreaded possibilities. Down that track lies insanity. And while I might be crazy, insane I am not (yet)!

Comments