Will the Righteous Pray?

I've just returned from the hospital where I visited a friend who has recently been diagnosed with MS. Since Christmas she has lost her speech, her sight, and her mobility. With the use of drugs her speech has already returned and hopefully she will soon regain the use of her legs. What she hasn't lost is her sense of humour and positive outlook on life. She always manages to lift my spirits and make me laugh when I visit.

During this visit I learnt of someone else I know who has only been given three months to live. I cannot imagine how she must be feeling having received news such as this.

Both of these women are my age or younger.

Both have children.

Both do not yet know the Lord.

It's sad.

It's scary.

It breaks my heart.

Please pray for these ladies.

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective (James 5:15-16, NIV).

Comments

Lisa said…
Hi Jules...I will remember your friends in prayer.So very sad to hear these stories. Life deals up some hard things sometimes...With love Lisa
SchnauzerMom said…
I will pray that most importantly they come to know the Lord.