Two Paths


My life has taken an unexpected turn. Behind me is the path I've trodden before. It was open and light and I knew where it went. The Lord was with me as a friend who walked the same road. It required energy and faith but the destination was always in sight. I knew I was blessed to walk such a path.

Ahead of me the path is dark and rocky and there are so many corners that I can't see where it goes. It is the path He has chosen for me to walk this time. He alone knows the destination and He walks beside me as my guide.

And yet, even though He comes with me, even though He knows where we're going, He knows that I often doubt. He knows that sometimes I falter. And so He has provided lights along the way. Friends who encourage and support and pray. When the route seems darkest and I'm not sure if I'm going forward or backward, someone is there to provide a light so that I can find the path again. Someone to lend a helping hand, to dry the tears, to tie the shoelaces that have come undone. And then He takes me by the hand again and leads me forward.

Step by step.

Little by little.

And He will continue to do so until we reach our destination. Because this path has not taken Him by surprise. He has planned it. And when we reach the end it will all be worth it.

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” (Jeremiah 29:11).

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint (Isaiah 40:31).

For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry (Habakkuk 2:3).

Comments

busymomof10 said…
Beautiful post! So vivid. I love the picture you chose to go with it!
Mary said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jules said…
BusyMom, the photo is from a trip my husband and sons took to the top of Mount Ngauruhoe in the Central North Island of NZ. I decided not to do that trip but the photos they brought back are amazing (perhaps I'll go next time).

Mary, thanks for letting me know. I don't pay a lot of attention to the followers list since it seems to fluctuate from day to day. Blogger seems to have some issues with this as far as my blog goes. Blogger also just informed me that I had 7 comments that needed moderating but when I checked it was just one! So much for the computer age being quicker and more efficient.

I hope you enjoyed the post.
SchnauzerMom said…
Very beautiful and applies to us all, I think.