A Little Announcement

"I'm so excited," The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1 informed me on the phone last night.

"Why are you excited?" I asked.

"Dunno," she replied. (She's obviously been around her uncles too long as this is their stock reply to most questions.) In the background I could hear Son#1 telling her to tell Nana why she was so excited.

"Because Mummy's going to have another baby!" she finally exclaimed. Considering she'd asked her mother a few weeks ago when she was going to grow another baby, you'd think that she'd personally orchestrated this!

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 continued to talk about the baby and the more she talked the more excited she became until I wondered if she was about to sprout wings and fly!

I'd been let in on the secret a few hours earlier but I didn't tell The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 that. Instead I enjoyed her excitement and felt again the rush of pleasure I'd experienced when first told.

We've known of this child for less than twenty-four hours but already I feel such overwhelming love for it. If it's a girl, then finally there will be as many girls in our family as boys (after years of 6 males to one female this is certainly noteworthy). If it's a boy I think I might call him The Most Handsome Little Man in the World. What do you think?

Comments

busymomof10 said…
Oh how Exciting! Congratulations!
SchnauzerMom said…
Congratulations, that's wonderful news!
java girl said…
How wonderful! Congratulations :O)