A Little Ray of Sunshine

Nancy from C'est vrail (it's true!)... graciously awarded me the Sunshine Award a while back. I've been a little slow in picking it up - not because I didn't want an award - I did! - but because I've been thinking about this whole blog award thing and am not sure where I stand.

I like being able to link my readers to some wonderful blogs that they may not even know about. I want to give everyone an award. I know that some bloggers prefer to keep their blogs award free. And then I wonder when I accept a reward and pass it on if all I'm really doing is singing my own praises (perish the thought)?

There are some wonderful wonderful blogs out there that I follow. Some are serious; some are funny or witty; some are provoking; some are an oasis of peace in a busy day. Some bloggers I have much in common with, while others' lives are a world apart from my own. Some have become friends; but only one I've met in real life.

It seems with blog awards that there are rules and almost everyone I know breaks the blog award rules. Usually it's to do with the number of blogs they can pass it on to. Either they do more than or - as is usually the case - less than the recommended number of blogs.

Well, I'm going to break the rules too.

But first, here are the rules:

1) Put the logo within your blog or on your post; [Done that.]

2) Pass the award onto 10 fellow bloggers; [Breaking this one.]

3) Link the nominees within your post; [Breaking this one too.]

4) Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog; [Another broken rule - ahem, sorry.]

5) Share the love and link to the person whom you received this award from. [Done that - and please go and check out Nancy's blog - you won't be sorry.]

So, how am I going to do it? Easy. If you are a regular reader of my blog then please take this award - you deserve it. Believe me, you are a ray of sunshine in my little blog world!

Or, if you know that I regularly read your blog, this award is for you too. I wouldn't keep coming back if your blog didn't share some sunshine around. You deserve it too.

And please leave a comment so that other readers can check out your blog too.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Well I think your blog definitely deserves that award. I love to read it.
Jules said…
SchnauzerMom I think you deserve the award and hope you collected it. You are definitely a ray of sunshine in the blogosphere. I don't know of anyone else who so generously and graciously comments on so many posts. You are a blessing to me!