If Only She had Ignored the Lies

Last week a very special woman died. Beautiful, attractive, five fantastic kids, a loving husband, a job she was good at, friends, yet she listened to the father of all lies. Those lies that said that life wasn't worth living, that she didn't deserve to live, that those around her would be better off if she didn't exist, and so she died by her own hand.

I grieve. I grieve for the waste of a wonderful woman who had so much going for her. I grieve for the graduations and weddings and grandbabies she will never experience. I grieve for her pain and the feelings that brought her to this point. I grieve because she listened to Satan's lies. And I grieve because I understand.

Today we said our final farewells. Tomorrow - or sometime soon - many of us will return to our own everyday lives. Our old lives - changed perhaps because of what has happened but still going on much the same as before. For her husband and children and parents there will be no going back to their old lives. Their lives have been forever and irrevocably changed and they will never be the same again. For that I also mourn.

If only she had never listened to those lies. If only she had known how much she was loved. If only she had realised her incredible worth in Christ Jesus. If only she had ...

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full (John 10:10, NIV).

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Satan is the father of lies and when we are at our weakest he steps in to knock us down even farther. Sorry to hear about this lady.
Unknown said…
That is so very sad. It makes me wonder what she was thinking before she died. I can't imagine what her family is going through. I will be praying for her family during this time.