No Better Than This

Case Study One: Thursday as I was buckling The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1 into her car seat I commented that Grandpa didn't yet know that she was coming to stay the night. The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 replied, "Grandpa loves me lots, doesn't he?" He does indeed!

Case Study Two: Recently when I've said "I love you" to The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 on the phone she has replied with "I love you too."

Case Study Three: The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 loves to be held and will often get upset if you put her down if she hasn't had a long enough cuddle. She wraps her little arms around your neck and holds on as tight as can be. I like to think of it as her way of saying "I love you."

Case Study Four: Whenever The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#2 stays overnight at our house she sleeps in our room. If she wakes during the night I will often bring her in to bed with us if she doesn't settle back to sleep quickly. That's fine except The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 has to sleep close - as in on top of your chest and face. Makes sleeping difficult for the adults. Furthermore, if I try and sneak out of the room early in the morning to go to the bathroom or just to get a head start on chores while the household sleeps, she immediately wakes (even if she's in her own bed) and cries until I cuddle her. I've since learnt that when her family lived with us she'd be happy during the day but would start crying as soon as I walked in the door and picked her up. What's up with that? And yes, I'm a softie. And yes, I treasure my relationship with her - with both my beautiful granddaughters.

Case Study Five: Friday I took The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 shopping. As we walked out of the supermarket she said something that I couldn't hear. I asked her to repeat it - several times in fact. Finally she sung out - loud enough to cause others to turn around and smile - "I love you Nana!"

It doesn't get any better than this.

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
You're very blessed to have such lovely granddaughters.