Peanut Butter Biscuits

"Let's do some baking," The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 announced this morning. I suggested other activities but it was baking she really wanted to do and in particular biscuits.

I was alone in the house with The Two Most Adorable Granddaughters in the World and the idea filled me with minor dread. There was no one to ask to hold The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 who is at that stage where she has to "help" too or to find the forgotten ingredient while I prevented other ingredients being added or subtracted to the mixture. But I've raised five boys ... I'm an early childhood teacher ... I decided I could do this.

After looking for a recipe that didn't require eggs, coconut or chocolate chips (ingredients I was lacking) we decided upon Peanut Butter Biscuits.

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 rolled the balls out to perfect size only to eat then instead of placing them on the trays.


In fact, eating the uncooked dough seemed to be the whole purpose of the exercise - at least as far as The Two Most Adorable Granddaughters were concerned.



I got to try out my latest toy another appliance after my last food processor - over twenty years old - died in the midst of chopping apricots for frozen yoghurt the other day. I can live without a mix master but I can't live without my food processor. For a start, I can't make hummus without my food processor and I can't buy it from the supermarket because DH - who has hardly any food dislikes - feels that he's suffocating if he's around anyone who's eaten garlic - and all the bought ones contain garlic. (Is it still hummus if it doesn't contain garlic or tahini?)



While the biscuits were baking I cleaned the kitchen. What should have been a five minute job naturally took longer. There was the salt to clean up that The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 had emptied out of the salt shaker and all the magnets to put back on the dishwasher. By the time I'd finished I was ready for another cup of tea but while the biscuits looked pretty good when baked, I don't actually like them and was not tempted to have one with my cuppa. I'm the only one though.



Meanwhile, The Two Most Adorable Granddaughters in the World had found something else to do. It seems that The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 thinks that whatever big sister can do, she can do too. It leads to some interesting moments.

Yesterday a booster seat that we'd ordered for the car arrived and once removed from its carton, I gave The Two Most Adorable Granddaughters the box to play with. The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 immediately claimed it for her own and discovered it made a perfect place from which to watch "Veggie Tales". The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 let me know that she was not impressed and the search was on to find a similar box that with a little renovation work (i.e. cutting and lots of taping) would fulfil the same role.




Obviously it did.

Peanut Butter Biscuits
Cream together 125g butter and 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1-1/2 tablespoons peanut butter and 2 teaspoons honey (optional) and beat well. Stir in 1/4 cup milk and 1-3/4 cup wholemeal SR flour. Roll into small balls and place on lightly greased trays. Press down with fork. Bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes. Makes approximately 45.

Comments

java girl said…
Well... I love peanut butter cookies and your look great!! And I love that your grand daughters had matching boxes to watch Veggie Tales!!

I am with you in the long hair thoughts right now. I feel like I look much older and it doesn't help that I work around college age kids all day long. So I have a goal. I don't know why I get chop happy when it comes to my hair. I need to be outlawed at beauty shops. I think I just get tired of waiting for really long hair (or tired of how hot it gets in the summer) and I give up. I have to over come this. I need prayer ;O)
SchnauzerMom said…
How cute, the little one wants to do everything the older one does. Are what you call biscuits the same as what we call cookies? They look like cookies.
Jules said…
SchnauzerMom, yes biscuits are what you call cookies.

AshleyDeLen, check out www.longhairloom.com if you're serious about growing your hair up. You'll find lots of support and tips there to help you along the journey.
Unknown said…
Yum! The cookies sound so good! Your little granddaughters really are so adorable! I am so excited for you about becoming a grandma again soon :)!
busymomof10 said…
I loved this post! Your little granddaughters are so adorable in their boxes and eating their biscuit dough! :)

I love peanut butter cookies/biscuits! The dough is delicious too! :)

looks like you are creating lots of memories!