Resolutions With A Difference

I've just spend some time online trying to find to whom to attribute the following resolutions. A number of blogs and church articles have printed them but none seemed to be the author. As I was just about to give up I noticed in small print on the bottom of the sheet we were handed in Church yesterday these words: "taken from Barbara Johnson's book Fresh Elastic for Worn-out Moms". So thank you Barbara!

If you haven't yet made any New Year Resolutions you might like to try some of these on for size:

1. I will, like Paul, forget those things which are behind me and press forward;

2. I will, like David, lift up mine eyes to the hills from whence comes my help;

3. I will, like Abraham, trust solely in my God;

4. I will, like Enoch, walk in daily fellowship with my Lord;

5. I will, like Jehoshophat, prepare my heart to seek God;

6. I will, like Moses, choose rather to suffer than to enjoy the pleasures of sin;

7. I will, like Daniel, commune with my God at all times;

8. I will, like Job, be patient under all circumstances;

9. I will, like Gideon, stand firm even though my friends seem few;

10. I will, like Aaron, uphold the hands of my spiritual leader;

11. I will, like Isaiah, consecrate myself to God’s work;

12. I will, like Andrew, strive to lead my brother to a closer walk;

13. I will, like John, learn to lean upon the bosom of the Master;

14. I will, like Stephen, manifest a forgiving spirit toward those who hurt me;

15. I will, like the Heavenly Host, proclaim the message of peace and hope.

Comments

busymomof10 said…
These are Great Resolutions!
Noel said…
That is beautiful!! Last year I came the clOsest to reading my Bible through. With the Reese Chron only 3pages a day should enable me to reach the goal. The best part is the growth that comes along with it - wether you get all the way through the Bible or not :)
SchnauzerMom said…
That is great, thanks for sharing! Better resolutions that what I could come up with.