Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Yesterday The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1 rang and invited us all for lunch today. Such invitations are always welcome. Not just because we love to spend time with The Most Adorable Granddaughters in the World (well who wouldn't?) but also because DIL#1 - unlike me - is a wonderful cook.

We had a lazy Sunday afternoon (well for the most part - DH and I took The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 for a walk and ended up going further than we had anticipated considering the warm weather and our dozy states!) ...


(Son#5 with a content Adorable Granddaughter#3 asleep in his arms.)


(Adorable Granddaughter#2 immediately following her nap and with a piece of yummy brownie which apparently Son#4 had made while DH and I were out walking with The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1.)


(The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 with the sunglasses that Son#4 made from newspaper - oh and a piece of brownie too.)


(Not yet four weeks old but that is definitely a smile!)


(Son#3.)


(Son#1.)

although some of us had to do a little work ...


(DIL busy with her hands while The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 waits to answer her toy phone.)


(Son#4 works very hard at not winning at Memory.)


(The Most Adorable Granddaughter#3 concentrates on DH's words and facial expressions.)

Such times are precious and I treasure them all.

When we arrived home something happened that wasn't so great. While hurting - and with tears still falling - I sat down at my computer and discovered several new comments in the guestbook on my website. The kind words, the expressions of interest in my novel, the request for more stories of Katie and Samuel, could not have come at a more opportune time. It was a reminder to me that God is in control ... He cares about me and has not forgotten ... my writing is His and not my own.

It reminded me of something that I thought of in church this morning as we sang that wonderful old hymn, Take my life.

Take my writing ... and my blog ... let it always be honouring to Thee.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You have a lovely family and that baby is adorable!
SchnauzerMom said…
Great photos! You have a gorgeous family.