It Would Seem


That I am the only person who is less than enthused about the Tangle Teezer that has taken the long hair community by storm. This humble looking gadget in bright colours (or black if you prefer) promises to detangle hair in half the time of other grooming tools and without tears while at the same time making hair look shiny and smooth. I can attest to the last two as my hair did look shiny and smooth but I honestly noticed no difference as far as tangles go and it did seem to remove an awful lot of hair - more so than usual.

Of course, so many people can't be wrong including the Duchess of Cambridge who reportedly uses one (and we all know what lovely hair she has). It must just be me. Perhaps it's my hair type or the fact that I use shampoo bars and not shampoo or maybe it's the way I'm using it or some other factor.


Whatever it is, it's extremely disappointing. I had high hopes for this little gadget. On the other hand, not only is The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#1 now the proud owner of a bright pink one (and it worked wonderfully in her hair) but The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 now has a blue one all of her own.

Comments

Mary said…
When mine was long, I used a stiff bristled "wet-hair" hair brush (not a regular hairbrush) and combed it out from the bottom up. My sister in law was trained to do this in beauty school. Combing from the top down makes the tangles worse. Don't ask me how. Hope your hair continues to grow and look beautiful long!
winterwren said…
Oh, Jules!

I feel so bad for you, because you had to order it from overseas. How disappointing that must have been. It is a let down when something everyone else raves about doesn't work for you. I have had that happen, too. Maybe I should reconsider my plan to buy one for everyone's presents this year.

I just feel so bad knowing how excited you were! I am so sorry! At least it worked for your most adorable granddaughters.
SchnauzerMom said…
Too bad it didn't work for you. It looks interesting.
Jules said…
My DIL and granddaughters love this brush! Apparently my DIL can do her daughters' hair one handed!

I don't really mind. I don't have that many tangles anyway. Just intrigued that it didn't seem to work for me.