J is for ... Journal

I call it my Prayer Journal but a more correct name would be Spiritual Journey Journal. I have had three (I think) over my adult life. In them I write down prayer requests, Bible verses, and any lines from a devotion or sermon that I've found inspiring.

It's fascinating to look back over past entries and to see how God has led us over the years and how He has answered prayer (not always in the way we expect). These journals are concrete evidence that God never lets us down. Often I can see trends emerging that I was totally unaware of at the time. At times, I'm amazed at the journey I've been on and how God has stretched me and grown me.

If you don't have such a journal: get one! It doesn't have to be pretty (I covered one notebook from my grandmother with fabric and another one was a gift from my sister) but I'll guarantee you'll be surprised at what discoveries you make when you start to write on its pages.

Comments