Z is for ... Zzzzzzzz

And a sleeping baby in my arms. Her Daddy said she'd have a bath at 5.45 pm, followed by a bottle and two short stories, and then bed at 6.30 pm. He got it right for the most part. Bath, bottle, stories, yes. Bed, no. Well kind of no. She did go to sleep in my arms at 6.40 pm but when I tried to put her down, she woke and cried.

Now if she'd been one of my babies I probably would've let her cry herself to sleep but this is my grandchild we're talking about. I can't let The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 cry herself to sleep. It breaks my heart.

Funny how things change when you're the grandparent.

Zzzzzzzz is also for the swarm of bees we've had in our woodshed. When we rang to find out about having them removed we were told to put a cup of petrol in the woodshed. I don't know whether the fumes killed them or just drove them away but as of today we have only seen one bee. And one bee a swarm does not make.

When you have two sons allergic to bees and four precious little granddaughters you don't want to take chances with bees.

Z is also for a zillion things that seem to make this time of year an extra busy time. But right now all I have time for is one precious little girl who needs to be rocked back to sleep. (Ssh, don't tell her parents!)

Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
We had a lot of trouble with bees this year. I wonder what is going on with them.