Home Again

It's been a busy weekend. In fact, it's been a busy week. And an emotionally draining one. It began, as I've already mentioned, with taking Son#3 back to Uni - a move I wasn't ready for and will probably never be ready for - especially when Son#4 and Son#5 go in the near future.

Thursday DH left early to go to a two-day conference out of town - something else I wasn't exactly thrilled about even though I knew he needed to attend. A short time later I received word that my aunt had passed away. It was, for me at least, unexpected, and I took it hard. Harder too because even though I know she had opportunity to receive Christ, I don't know that she ever did.

That same day, I went to see DH's brother and family off at the airport. They return to China for another year. Already hurting from one loss, I perhaps felt this more than on previous occasions.

Friday, DH returned home and after quickly throwing some more clothes into his bag, we headed off to attend a colleague's wedding. After four hours of travelling without a break (nothing was open and I was starving) we decided to stop and get a motel for the night. Dinner that night was Burger King at some time after ten o'clock - not something I'd recommend (the venue or the time of eating). That night the traffic kept us awake and I could add that the smell of that particular city was not exactly, ahem, pleasant.

Saturday morning we headed off again and arrived at our destination mid-morning. The wedding was lovely and the rain (which never actually amounted to anything much) held off during the outdoor ceremony. In fact, some guests were decidedly sun burnt I noticed later.



Another motel room and bed to sleep in and then today we made the trip home: this time with some stops, even if it was only to take a photo or to get eaten by sand flies.

My house wasn't magically cleaned while I was away, but I don't really care. It's just good to be home again. And perhaps some bodies will clean it for me tomorrow when I'm at work?



Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Great photos, the bride looks lovely. It's always good to be able to sleep in your own bed after traveling.