What We Need ...

is a bigger dining table. A much bigger table. And one that is wider too so that courting couples can't hold hands across the table - or so there is at least room for various dishes without them competing for space with the plates and glasses.




This was brought home to us just this past weekend when we celebrated DH's mother's birthday. The Most Adorable Granddaughters were not impressed when they were placed at a smaller - and lower - table off to the side because there was no room for them at the inn (I mean, table). Of course this darling ...


and this darling ...


are still small enough to fit on someone's lap. And this darling ...


obviously felt no need to sit down to eat. But finding a large extension table is becoming a priority if we want to preserve family harmony.

We've been regularly searching online but to no avail. The one table that was long enough was too wide and all the others are only as long as the table we have now. I suspect DH is going to have to make one but it could be years before he has the time to do it. By then, our family could have doubled in size if recent events are anything to go by.

Comments

Sharon said…
Yes, I sympathize, I have the same table predicament. I'm waiting for my hubby to make me one, also, which could, also be years.
SchnauzerMom said…
You have such a big, lovely family. Hope you get the table you need.