Forgiven (I think)

When I arrived home last Friday evening and told my family that I'd held my wee granddaughter for the first time, I'm surprised they didn't make me sleep in the dog kennel that night. To say they were envious, would be an understatement. DH wouldn't even give me a welcome-home kiss!

But it was hardly my fault. I'd gone up to the hospital after a long two-day workshop to take a few items that I'd picked up for The Most Adorable Granddaughter#5 and hadn't intended to stay very long. When DIL#2 asked me if I wanted to hold The Most Adorable Granddaughter#5 I could hardly say "No", could I? Besides, I'd been longing for almost a week to feel her [weightlessness] in my arms.



Of course, the family were not as overjoyed as I was when I told them. I even wondered if they would ever forgive me for it. Out of respect for their feelings, I held off posting these photos. (Actually, there's no truth in that statement at all. DIL#2 took the photos on her phone and had I had access to them last Friday I would have posted them then!)

Family relationships did not improve the next day when I took DH's mother up to the hospital and she got to hold her youngest great-grandchild. I told her that her son would not be too thrilled with her, but she wasn't in the least concerned. She figured that he'd probably had moments in his life (as a child perhaps?) when he'd felt the same and she'd managed to survive.




Besides, it seems that holding The Most Adorable Granddaughter#5 in our arms for just a few minutes makes up for just about anything we have to suffer at the hands of other family members!

Of course, all was forgiven on Fathers Day (Sunday) when DH got to hold The Most Adorable Granddaughter#5 for the first time. Unfortunately, we didn't get photos of that event. I didn't even get to witness it since only a few at a time are allowed into the neonatal ward. But I'll take his word for it.

Nor do I have the photos to share of The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 holding her wee sister and looking as proud as can be. She had to wait ten days before she could hold her but she did well.

Now there seems to be a race on to see who will be the first auntie and uncle to hold the wee one! I wonder who it will be?

Comments

Unknown said…
She definitely has a Houlbrooke look about her! Beautiful wee girl :)