Nineteen

Nineteen. The number of years we have been blessed with Son#5 and the number of guests who celebrated his birthday (if you count Son#2 who came after he finished work and The Most Adorable Granddaughter#5 who turned five months old and slept most of the afternoon away).

However, there may be some who think he is older than his years since The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 helped me put the candles on the cake.





He looks quite good for ninety-one, don't you think?


  



Due to his advancing age, The Most Adorable Granddaughter#3 not only helped blow out the candles, but also cut the cake (she'd had lots of practice having done it for her birthday just three days earlier).


Now there are exactly five pieces left of one of the cakes which I have claimed as mine (since it contains no flour) and I'm hoping they will still be there at dinner time tonight (perhaps I should hide them from the family?) by which time I may have convinced at least one male in my household to make me a cup of tea for my birthday.




Comments

SchnauzerMom said…
Great photos! A cake with no flour? How do you get it to even look like a cake?
Jules said…
The cake with no flour is the one pictured last in the post. It contains chocolate, almonds (which are ground up with the chocolate so I guess would be like almond meal), dates, raisins, coffee, sugar, and eggs (from memory). I'm experimenting with going wheat-free and am feeling better because of it. I have another similar cake recipe that doesn't contain the coffee or fruit, uses more chocolate, and also uses almond meal. I can post recipes if you're interested. And both are easy-peasy to make.