A Woman's Touch


 This blog post has been a while in coming. Almost a whole week. But I promise it will be worth the wait!

Last Sunday DH, Son#3, DIL#3-to-be-very-soon, Son#4, Son#5 and The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 went to the beach. The mission was to collect driftwood that the bride and groom are using for the most gorgeous candle holders at the reception, but we also just wanted to have fun with The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4.


Only a short while ago DH and I had taken The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 to the beach and she had let us know - in no uncertain terms - that she was not impressed with the wind and the waves. Nor did she show much enthusiasm re the waves when her Mummy and Daddy took her last week - although The Most Adorable Granddaughter#5 took to the water like a duck to ... well, you know, water.

So, DH and I were all prepared to be sensitive and to follow Most Adorable Granddaughter#4's lead.

Uncle#4 went in the water alone ...


I had the privilege of holding The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 when she thought Grandpa was going to take her near that nasty water ...



DH/Grandpa did manage to get her close to the water but she held on for dear life ...




Given all that, what happened here then?

  







Was it our perfume or lack of? Are we as scary as the waves and the water? Or was it just that DIL#3-to-be has such a lovely touch that The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 couldn't resist?

Comments

Fox said…
Jules, I love, love, love that picture of you and Most Adorable Granddaughter #4!!! If it were me, I'd enlarge it, frame it and hang it in my house somewhere lots of people could see it. It's a beautiful picture, so natural looking... and I love your braid hanging over your shoulder like that. Just a perfect shot! Looks like you all had a fun day!
SchnauzerMom said…
Wonderful photos! I love your braid too.
Ohtawen said…
Fox is totally right - that's a lovely photo. Not only because of your cute granddaughter ;) You look great Jules, and your braid looks so thick and beautiful, all the way to the tassel. The trim did wonders, and I hope you see that too.

Your granddaughter is absolutely adorable, and it's interesting how she surpassed her fear of the water. It seems like your future DIL has a golden touch :)
Jules said…
Thanks for the comment re my hair. It doesn't look nearly as thick in real life. I'm not sure why it does in the photo - perhaps I'd braided loosely. I'm losing hair again by the handful so I know it's not thick. :(