A Little Celebration

At approximately twenty past ten last night I placed the last quilting stitch in The Quilt. (Was that applause I just heard?) Before I go to bed tonight I hope to remove what remains of the basting thread. Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll finish sewing on the binding by machine, and then it's the rather tedious and monotonous job of sewing the binding to the back of the quilt by hand. But even that has its upside as it means I'm almost finished! And still with two weeks to go!

Of course the last few weeks have been crazy with almost every spare minute taken up with quilting but perhaps the less said about that the better. At this rate, I might even have time to cross-stitch a label to go on the back of the quilt. But that can always wait. Besides, it would give me an excuse to visit the happy couple in their home.

And yet there is a downside to all this. While The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 might get her wish to have her cardigan finished in time to wear to the wedding, I'm afraid it's not going to be the case for any of the other Most Adorable Granddaughters. Sorry.


Comments