Day 6 of Project Gratitude: The Cross

Today, as Christians remember Christ's crucifixion and all that it means, I am grateful for the cross and what it signifies.

I'm sure it was no coincidence that my reading this morning was the crucifixion account in Luke's gospel. (Remember that I'm reading through the entire Bible at my own pace and the passages haven't been 'set' to coincide with events on the Christian calendar.) I decided to leave the next chapter on the resurrection for Sunday morning, so, not having read the usual quota of pages, I turned to the Psalms, and read this:

 God be merciful to us and bless us,
And cause His face to shine upon us, Selah
That Your way may be known on earth,
Your salvation among all nations.

Let the peoples praise You, O God;
Let all the peoples praise You.
Oh, let the nations be glad and sing for joy!
For You shall judge the people righteously,
And govern the nations on earth. Selah
(Psalm 67)

I am so grateful for His mercy and salvation and that He will judge righteously. It is my prayer this Easter that His way will be revealed to many so that the nations will rise up and be glad and not be afraid of His judgement.

I want to leave you with the lyrics from the song, Forever Grateful:

You did not wait for me
to draw near to You
But You clothed Yourself
with frail humanity
You did not wait for me
to cry out to You
But You let me hear Your Voice
calling me.

And I'm Forever Grateful to You
I'm Forever Grateful for The Cross
I'm Forever Grateful to You
That You came to seek and save the lost.

Comments