Day 48: Mother-in-Law

Forget the bad taste jokes: I am extremely grateful for a godly, loving mother-in-law. From conversations I've had with others - stories of criticism, non acceptance, intolerance, lack of harmony, insults, and even downright nastiness  - I realise I am certainly blessed to have this wonderful lady as my mother-in-law.

In recent years her health has deteriorated, and while still strong in mind, body and spirit for someone closer to ninety than eighty, it has been hard to watch these gradual and not so gradual changes. Her illness has meant that some of her filters have been removed. Even with these filters removed she is far and away the best mother-in-law anyone could wish for. If I could be half the mother-in-law to my daughters-in-law that she has been to me, I'll be grateful.

Comments