Day 96: Hope

I was so close to wrapping up 100 Days of Gratitude (for those observant, you would have realised a few months ago that I changed from 365 days to 100 - for the less observant, well I'm telling you now!) when I just seemed to lose momentum and inspiration.

There were several reasons. A number of friends going through extremely difficult times, that it seemed insensitive to be listing all my blessings. The day to day of work and family and all the numerous stresses of balancing both (especially the former). Being in a 'bad' place for several days, which always happens after working on a particular MS (you would think after all this time, I'd realise the link and ask for prayer beforehand). And then the death of Robin Williams and trying to hang onto the hope that a lot who suffer with depression have made it. It's the ones who don't that we hear about and who tend to rock the worlds of those still suffering.

I think we tend to look at those who are famous and think that if they couldn't make it, then what chance is there for the rest of us? We think that way, too, when a well-known figure in the church gives up on their marriage or falls victim to sin ... if it could happen to them, then what's the point in us even trying?

Hope.

It's what I've had to hold onto these past few days especially with my 'rock' away at present (DH returns tomorrow, yay!).

Hope.

Because while we are all in this life together, our example is not our fellow humans, but Jesus Christ, the Son of God who was God in human form.

This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil ... (Hebrews 6:19, NKJV)

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. (Romans 5:5, NKJV)

 
Why are you cast down, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God;
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God. (Psalm 42:11, NKJV)
 
 


 

Comments

Sharlene said…
Hope in Jesus Christ makes all the difference, and it's a hope anyone can have regardless of circumstances.