Chocolate Love


My mother-in-law has often shared how her mother was a chocoholic and always managed to find chocolate even during the Depression years when chocolate was rationed. Several members of the family have inherited the gene, including at least several great-great-granddaughters. The Most Adorable Granddaughter#3 can sniff out chocolate even when it's well hidden!

But yesterday I discovered that another great-great-granddaughter has inherited the gene in abundance. The Most Adorable Granddaughters#4 and #5 were visiting and Son#5 thought we could make Easter eggs with them - even though Easter had come and gone. (He had thought it was The Most Adorable Granddaughters#1, #2 and #3 who were coming to visit and since they are older he thought they would appreciate the activity, but The Most Adorable Granddaughters#4 and #5 certainly appreciated it - just perhaps in a different way.)

As we were breaking up the chocolate to melt, The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 asked me if she could eat it. I told her we needed to wait because the chocolate was for the eggs.

"I like chocolate," she informed me, which, despite the genetic tendency, surprised me not a little because I know that sweets do not feature regularly in her diet.

However she soon proved to me the truth of her statement. Every spoon, every bowl, every item that contained chocolate was licked scrupulously clean. Long after her sister had lost interest in licking spoons or bowls, The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 was making sure she hadn't missed a single little scrap of chocolate! And before the chocolates were even set, she was wanting to try them.





Sadly our Easter egg broke when we tried to get it out of the mould (hopefully this didn't happen for Son#5 who made the mould in one of his courses as part of a project), but I don't think The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4 particularly cared. As long as it was chocolate, I suspect she was still going to eat it - possibly in the car going home unless her Daddy managed to keep it out of her reach. 

At least she's in good company!

Comments