Makings

From small beginnings ...



... to frustrated times because it was growing so slowly ...


... to this-will-be-big-enough ...


... to I-can't-believe-I've-started-another-one-but-I-hate-to-waste-anything-even-rags ...


... to the memory of what it could have been if I hadn't given up half-way and cut it (and busted a sewing machine needle in the process) ...


Other "makings" have been more successful (and enjoyable) ...



... solid perfume (love this stuff!) ...


...homemade deodorant (best recipe yet) ...


... homemade skin and hair lotion (and sunscreen for those of us who don't burn easily, and insect bite cream, and after-sunburn cream for those who did burn and forgot the sunscreen, and eczema cream - this stuff is just wonderful! - even my kids use it which is saying something [Um, I don't seem to have recorded the recipe anywhere on this ol' blog of mine - I will soon - but it's basically equal amounts of shea butter and coconut oil melted together and different essential oils added]) ...


... pots of coconut oil for the bedroom and bathroom ...


... natural olive oil and beeswax furniture polish ...


... and one salvaged old candle to be reused (I wish I had added additional scent when I melted it down) ...




... to one very satisfied Jules whose holiday is quickly drawing to a close and who still has so many things she wants to accomplish.


Comments