Three Things

DH and Son#4 have been away this weekend (with Sons#3 and #5 and DIL#3 whom I all missed seeing) and as a result there are several things I have learnt this weekend:

One: I always plan too much to fit into my day/weekend whenever they go away and I know I'm going to have time to myself.

What I did get done included finishing the top for a postage stamp queen sized quilt that I began over a year ago ...





... and using the scraps to make a small tablecloth for the glass table on our veranda ...





What I didn't get done included exercise (too hot), music practice (too busy), writing (too busy), and a host of other things on my list. Being without power for over six hours on Friday night didn't help either because the items on my list for that night couldn't be done without power and/or lighting (well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it).

Two: My family care for me. While I enjoy my own company, it does get lonely at times. I had visits from all but one of my local family which was just what I needed to take my mind off things, especially considering the events of the weekend (earthquakes, accidents, etc).

Three: Our God is faithful. I don't usually sleep well when I'm home alone but this weekend I was reminded that the Lord who keeps Israel neither slumbers not sleeps and He will keep me. All I had to do was act on that promise: turn the light out and go to sleep. And I did!

My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber.

Behold, He that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

Psalm 122:2-4, KJV

Comments