When The Weather Is Glorious

And The Most Adorable Granddaughters#1-#3 have stayed over, what better pastime on a Sunday afternoon than to walk around the lake and soak up the sun and atmosphere? [Sadly, despite arranging the sleepover at The Most Adorable Granddaughter#4's request - only #1, #2 and 3# were able to make it. Next time I'll plan ahead and do better.]















Surprisingly (although why I don't know because when one thinks about it, it seems pretty obvious that it would be the case) I saw a lot of weeds in the undergrowth similar to the ones I've managed to cultivate at home. At least I'm not responsible for removing all the ones at the lake - a mammoth task!

I did my share today - and then rewarded myself for the effort by planting ninety bulbs (in addition to the fifty I planted last week). It felt good to be out working in the garden again and to be able to enjoy it. There was a time I thought I would never feel that way again (and how I hated that new fence which I have now come to appreciate!).

Six or more months ago I was hurt by what I saw as the 'devastation' of my garden: three separate fencing teams had come in and repaired, rebuilt or erected fences; one set of builders had trampled over my garden in a bid to repair the weatherboards on our house; one large tree had been removed to ensure safety for house and nieghbours alike; and I was dreading the day the painters would move in (they still haven't turned up so my garden is 'safe' for now).

At the time - despite DH's assurances - I doubted I would ever have special spots in my garden again to enjoy and/or use as a retreat.

I'm happy to say I was wrong. And while some of the garden looks different to before, and there is still work to be done, I'm happy with the progress. Despite the weeds!










Comments