Hol[e]y Walls

Also known as Week Two of Renovations Round Three.


The Most Adorable Granddaughter in the World#5, aged 5 years and almost 51 weeks is intrigued by the fact that we have holes in our walls.



She rung me the other day to ask and I confirmed that yes, we do indeed have holes in our walls.

"Big enough to walk through?" she went on to ask me.

"Well not to walk through, but you could climb through." (Actually Miss-Houdini-aka-The-Most-Adorable-Granddaughter#5 could get herself in and through smaller spaces.)



I also mentioned that there were holes in the floor from where the builder removed the fireplace.

"I completely forgot about that," was her mature reply.


We also have holes in the ceiling, although the one in the once-wardrobe was impossible to photograph. Actually most of what has been happening has been almost impossible to photograph given that it's usually dark by the time I see it, we have no lights in these particular rooms, and at present I'm relying on my cellphone to capture images (really need to do something about that sometime).



It may look as if not much has happened in a week but I am happy to report that progress is still taking place, the dust level has settled to something far more manageable and acceptable (I doubt this will be for long given the fact that the plasterer came to look at the place yesterday), and I now have pockets of sanity (or in other words, rooms that are relatively dust-free and resembling our normal living conditions) to retire to when the going gets tough.

Besides, this update is not for my readers but for Miss Almost Six who is fascinated by holes in our walls!

Unless the Lord builds a house, the work of the builders is wasted (Psalm 127:1a, NLT).

You are God's building. Because of God's grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have - Jesus Christ. 

Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials - gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. But on the judgement day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person's work has any value. If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames (1 Corinthians 3:9b-15, NLT).

Comments