Happy Easter Morn!

I've posted nothing leading up to Easter this year, despite my belief that it is the most important event in the Christian calendar. My only excuse is that these last few weeks have been difficult to say the least.

But in Jesus' death and resurrection I am reminded that the victory is already His, that the dead in Him will one day be resurrected, that, in fulfilling all that was written about Him, I can have assurrance that His other promises will also come to pass.

A recent devotion in the One Year Devotional Book that I'm reading this year left an impression on me. (Actually, several have, but this one I remember in the middle of the night when I wake from sleep, fighting grief and panic.)

What precious assurance comes to us as we begin a new day to remember that He has never failed in the past and His promises for the future are secure. He has promised:

"Lo, I am with you alway" (Matt, 28:20).
"I will never leave thee" (Heb. 13:5).
"As thy days, so shall thy strength be" (Deut. 33:24).
"Be not afraid" (Josh. 1:9).
"Don't worry" (Matt. 6:25).

When the day seems dark [and the night even darker] and the trials seem too much for you - then remember, He has promised that He will not lay upon you even more than you can bear.

I don't know if the last sentence is a true interpretation of the commonly-referenced verse but it does remind me that nothing - nothing - can separate us from the love of God. His grace is sufficient for all that I am enduring - even ongoing issues with my ankle and concern that a skin spot is something more than 'nothing' - even with the imminent departure of our youngest son and his wife and our unborn grandchild to live overseas - even with my mother hospitalised for the second time in as many weeks and me not being able to be there - even with the death of one of my son's teachers whose family has already been through so much - even with everything that life throws at us, when I feel I can't take anymore, when I feel that my heart is breaking, especially then, He is with us and will never leave us.

And because of this I can rejoice today and at the words the angel spoke at the tomb: He is not here. He is risen!

Hallelujah!



Comments