I Survived!

I survived ... sleeping in a tent (although not without its challenges including a pole in the middle of the tent and being on a slope which meant we slid downwards in our sleep) ... overcoming anxiety about tents and camping and boating ... being bitten by multiple sandflies ... over exposure to sun (more of a problem in the younger generation as I spent a lot of time with the majority of my skin covered up since I am paranoid about sandflies and sunburn - the former being a problem for me but the latter not so much) ... incredible night skies ... morning mists ... gorgeous daytime temperatures ... and being spoilt for incredible scenery as the following photos can attest.

























Next time we're taking kayaks to explore the lake and some of the inlets and, hopefully, a bigger and more comfortable tent, as well as more family members. Even if we have to twist their arms. Because I suspect there will be a next time and it would be a real shame for others to miss out.


By the way, we came home with not a crumb left of either the Oaty Choc Chip Slice or the two Tea Loaves that I baked to take with us, and I can promise faithfully that DH and I, while we had our share, we did not eat all that kai (food) by ourselves. 

Comments