Unexpected

Plans for this past weekend were put on hold when DIL#3 was admitted to hospital and we made another unexpected trip to help look after The Most Charming Grandson#1.

He delighted us with his speeches and imaginative play and we got to enjoy some outdoor time.





We were also delighted to have some cuddles with The Most Charming Grandson#2 which were all the more special because we had not expected cuddles for at least another week.







Knowing that we'll be back in just over a week meant that it wasn't so hard as it might have been to tear ourselves away and come home. And since some unexpected car trouble was righted, it was actually almost pleasant to drive home at night after seeing Son#3, DIL#3, and The Most Charming Grandsons#1 and #2 happily settled into their home once again.

Another unexpected bonus of all that travelling was that I got to knit another wee cardigan for The Most Charming Grandson#2.

This is the Fuss Free Baby Cardigan knitted in some leftover yarns that I practically grabbed as we were heading out the door on Friday to travel up to Son#3 and DIL#3's. There are popular patterns for a 5-hour Baby Cardigan on the internet that use heavy yarns (approximately 16 sts to 4" / 10cm). I'm not a fast knitter and this was made in an 8 py / DK / light worsted yarn (at 21-22 sts to 4" / 10cm) but I estimate it took me not a lot longer than five hours and it was such a fun pattern to knit.

The Most Charming Grandson#2 also models She's Like A Rainbow in yellow (I think this design is not well named since it is equally suited to either a boy or a girl); Baby Singlet in cream (DIL#3 has used it as a vest and I think it looks super cute this way - so much so that I've decided to make another one and suggest to its recipient that they might like to use it as a top layer); yellow and white bootees from a pattern book that my mother gave me and which is probably as old as I am; hat and bootees crocheted for The Most Charming Grandson#2 by The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1; and, a crocheted teddy by The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2.

(The perceptive will realise that with every pattern I've linked to I've made modifications: sleeves added to the Fuss Free Baby Cardigan, eyelet on all the bands for She's Like A Rainbow, and a shortened length for the Baby Singlet.)

Comments