The First, The Ninth and The Twelfth

The first fire of the season. I could have easily lit one earlier but DH (and it seems it's now carried onto our sons) feels that it's somehow not proper to have a fire pre-May. But we're now in May and last night and tonight the thermometer is meant to get to zero, and today it barely reached 13 degrees Celsius, so I think a fire is in order.

There's just something about a fire that is so nice and cosy and makes you want to make a nice hot cup of tea and sit down with some knitting or a good book. 

Tonight it's probably going to be knitting.

Last week I finished DH's sweater and it fits and he's happy with it and I'm happy I was able to accomplish so much. There's a chance that he may even get to wear it before we head overseas to a much warmer clime if today's temperatures are anything to go by.


Yesterday, our trip seemed far too close, because we both had so much to do before we could go.

Today, it seems so far away. 

Right now I feel that it can't come soon enough.

And it's not because I want to escape the winter blues.

Although that definitely has its attraction.

No, the reason I wish we were there right now is because this morning, literally as I was about to walk out the door to work, another beautiful granddaughter was born into our family. Even though it was morning our time, it was yesterday afternoon their time. Naturally when they sent the photo I had to share it with DH which meant I was a few minutes late for work but everyone understood.

Today I have been telling everyone I come into contact with that I have a brand-new granddaughter. I can't have the joy of holding her just yet but I can certainly have the joy of sharing the news with everyone.

I'm looking forward to more photos ... especially of big sister meeting her for the first time. And, very soon, we'll be able to take photos in person.

Welcome to our family, The Most Adorable Granddaughter#9 and The Most Precious Grandchild#12. You are so very loved. 



Comments