Grandma Loves You

I gave The Most Adorable Granddaughter#8 and her brand-new sister (The Most Adorable Graddaughter#9) a book called "Grandma loves you" on our arrival in Texas. Inside are stories and pictures of what Grandma loves to do with her wee grandchildren. Realistically, we're not able to do all of them with The Most Adorable Granddaughters#8 and #9 while visiting (for a start, there is no beach close by but we did visit the beach last year when The Most Adorable Granddaughter#8 was in New Zealand) but we made an attempt to do several of the things listed in the book.

DH and I will take home many treasured memories to pull out and go over again and again. It's been a precious time and will be extremely hard to tear ourselves away when the time comes. As a parent and grandparent, it's not what I would have chosen (I'd still have them all living in the same town and be in and out of each others' homes all the time if I had my way) but it's opened up opportunities we would never have had otherwise. As I've repeatedly said, the only thing that could get me on a plane for such a long trip, has been to visit family. And it's been wonderful.

With that being said, what things have we managed to do so far?

Meeting The Most Adorable Granddaughter#9 for the first time ...




Seeing our son with his daughter ... so precious (we missed this the first time) and getting to know our DIL better ...





Lots of cuddle time ...






Visits to the park ...




The horse ranch ...


And the zoo ...



Reading books together ...




And baking up a storm ...






In our time left with this precious family we plan on stocking up on cuddles, reading, playing, and whatever else we need to see us through until we are all together again.

As the book says, Grandma loves you little one[s] ...






Comments