Meeting


Recently, a friend shared with me about a couple she knew who refused to let anyone - even the grandparents - hold the new baby for the first two or three months of life. Now, any new parent (and old parent) is allowed to make those decisions about what's best for their baby and their family, but I'll just say here that that would not have gone down very well in our family.

And here's why ...










And that's just the younger generation meeting the new baby! While no adult as yet have resorted to actual fighting or name-calling, there have been a few good-natured comments along the general line of "You've had a long enough cuddle, it's my turn now," (even if the person making the comment had only relinquished the baby less than five minutes ago).



Babies are a precious gift and in this family they are well loved by everyone, regardless of age.

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:13-16

Comments