Book Launch

Today I had the opportunity to officially launch my book at our local Christian bookstore. It began with a friend praying for the book and the impact it would have, which was a really lovely touch. Then it was time to symbolically release the book (my baby!) into the wider world.









I was humbled by all the people who turned out today to encourage and support me and to help celebrate the launch. Even though it's a busy time of year so many were prepared to take time out of their busy schedule and attend.









Even the family got dressed up for the occasion (although I do wonder about the dress sense of some!). Considering they were still in dirty work clothes when I left home (I actually thought they weren't coming but they surprised me) I think they did quite well. And Son#1 took photos with some help from Son#3 (good to know those two years at college didn't go to waste).







A big thank you to the friend who organised it all. I needed the gentle nudge (she'd probably say "huge push") that she provided to make me do this. And yes, we're still talking.





And just a reminder: don't forget the giveaway. I'll be drawing the winner December 31st.

Comments

Shelby said…
Congratulations Jules!! How exciting for you. Have you begun to work on anything new?
Fox said…
I am so glad I stopped by your blog today! I had hoped you would post some pictures or at least tell us how it went and here it was!!

It was wonderful to see these pictures... see the happiness radiating from you. You looked beautiful! I hope this first launch will have you feeling better about other future promotions!

Congratulations!!
Jules said…
Thanks Shelby and Fox. My second MS is currently going through the review process with the publisher to determine whether or not they want to publish it. I just have to wait for their response (these things take a lot of time).

Fox, I had to go back and look at the photos again to see what you meant about "happiness radiating". I didn't realise I smiled and laughed so much. I must admit that I did enjoy it - a lot more than what I thought I would.

Amd didn't my son/s do a great job capturing it with the camera?

And for anyone wondering, my sons usually have great dress sense. I'm not sure what got into them that they wore these jackets out in public. I had to laugh when they walked in part way through the launch (perhaps that was their intention all along). It's even funnier when you know that one of them is extremely reserved and usually never draws attention to himself in any way or form.
Liliana said…
Wow, this is my favorite post of the entire world. And you look so pretty too. Superly duperly pretty. And the granddaughter wears a Ficcare. My, my.

It's a wonderful post.
SchnauzerMom said…
Congratulations! I think your book will be a great success! Love the photos, you look beautiful.
Noel said…
Oh Congradulations!!! Even though I closed my blog, I've been eagerly watching yours waiting for your book to come out. Will it be ava online like Amazon or something??
Jules said…
Noel there are several ways to order the book if you're outside Australia/New Zealand. You can either go to the publisher's website (www.arkhouse.com) or a major Christian bookstore such as Koorong (www.koorong.com.au) or order via my website (www.juliannejones.com) which will work out cheaper plus you can have the book autographed (if you don't want it signed just let me know). I've missed your blog but understand that people have reasons for closing their blogs.
Bonnie said…
Jules that is just so exciting- huge congrats! Would love to read it. Where in NZ is it available? I'm in Wellington, is it in any bookstores out here?
Jules said…
Bonnie, I don't think it will be available in NZ bookstores before Christmas. We were hoping to hit the market earlier but it just didn't happen. However you can order it from my website (www.juliannejones.com) and even with postage it will be cheaper than cover price in the stores.

And Bonnie and Noel, don't forget to enter the blog giveaway. I'm giving away a copy of my book which is to be drawn as close to midnight as possible on December 31, NZ time. :)
busymomof10 said…
Congratulations Jules! This is so exciting!! You do look so happy and radiant in the pictures. I'm so very happy for you! And hoping I win that giveaway .. . ;)
Daisy said…
Jules you look beautiful! It looks like you have a lot of fun!

I want to wish you and your beautiful family a very Merry Christmas.
java girl said…
Hello!!

This looks like you had a lovely book release party.

How exciting for you all!

I finally have just a bit of time to come around and visit all of my old blog chums.

I'll be catching up on your posts :O)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!