Recreating

I have managed to convince DH into agreeing to recreating some of our courtship photos for an upcoming anniversary. If social media can be believed, it seems to be a popular way of celebrating, and since I doubt very much as to whether I could get into my wedding dress (I'm not even sure I am willing to try - although I know without a doubt that the veil still fits), recreating another special moment has appeal.

Today we recreated another event. Making Christmas pudding has been something of a tradition in our family for almost forty years. However, as our family continues to grow and scatters across the country and world it's becoming harder and harder to keep to traditions. As we measured and mixed and pretended to argue, I was reminded of all the times in the past when we've done this and lived to tell the tale. 






























Somethings never change. Encouraging the younger ones to break eggs. Eating the measured fruit. Making breadcrumbs. Licking the spoon. Disappearing before the dishes are done. There were several photos taken today that reminded me of the past.








But today was also a recreation of another special memory. When Son#5 and DIL#5 and The Most Adorable Granddaughter#8 visited in June, we made Christmas pudding with The Most Adorable Granddaughter#8, knowing that we may never have the opportunity to do it at Christmas time with her. We enjoyed that time, and still have a few slices of that pudding she helped make secreted away in the freezer. DH has suggested we eat it on the special anniversary mentioned above.










Ah memories. What a treasure and a blessing.


Comments