Reintroducing The Family: Part One


Ten years ago this month I began this blog. At that time our family consisted of five wonderful sons (it still does), one daughter-in-law, and one Most Adorable Granddaughter.

Grand total: nine.

Much has changed since then. Our family is considering going to Australia next year to celebrate my father's eightieth birthday and we're looking at accommodation for at least seventeen (if no one gets married or has a baby before then).


So I think a family update is well and truly overdue. As when I first introduced the family, I'll do it in steps. The original posts for Son#1 and his family can be found here, here and here.





As you can imagine, some things are quite different now.

The Most Adorable Granddaughter#1 is fast becoming a beautiful young lady. I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps I shouldn't call her The Most Adorable Granddaughter anymore - even though she will always be that to me - because she is more young woman than young child nowadays. She is an avid reader and is often returning a pile of books she has borrowed from my library. She still adores her uncles and they her. It is almost impossible to believe that I am the grandmother of an almost-twelve-year-old.



The Most Adorable Granddaughter#2 turned nine last weekend She wasn't even born when I began this blog but I first introduced her here and here. When she was just one month old her family came to live with us for six months. We developed a close bond during that time and I will always treasure the time I had for extra cuddles. She still enjoys cuddles and you won't hear me complaining. Her love of reading was slow to develop but now she's almost as avid a reader as her sister.


The Most Adorable Granddaughter#3 was given her father's middle name, which also happens to be the name by which DH is known, and, consequently, has inherited her grandfather's ability to tease. Or perhaps that just comes with being the youngest. I introduced her first here and here. She shares her gorgeous green eyes with DH and Uncle#5. (What can I say except that I first fell in love with green eyes when I met DH?)





Son#1 and DIL#1 and family no longer live quite so close as they once did (even before they moved in with us). They are in the process of building their own home about half an hour out of town. They have been in their home seven months but only just this last week have running hot water (because their fire - complete with wetback - was installed). Still no power but Son#1, being an electrician and a bit of a do-it-yourselfer has installed a generator where they can have lights and run the washing machine for short periods at the end of the day. The girls all have their own solar torches and see nothing strange in "camping" in their unfinished home. (And given the views and location, it will be totally worth it.)

In case you haven't realised, I am proud of each family member and just wish they all lived nearby. (Hint, hint.) More updates coming ...

Comments